(PRWEB) May possibly 30, 2005
Dressed in official use, such as kilts and Prince Charlie jackets for the males, and completely ready to dance into the wee several hours of the night, much more than 300 customers of the Royal Scottish Place Dance Culture will rejoice the neighborhood branch’s 40th anniversary at a gala ball on Saturday, June 25, 2005, at the Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Oakland, California (http://www.rscds-sf.org). Contacting this milestone event the Dance of the Decade, members of the RSCDS-San Francisco Branch are unabashed in their enthusiasm for this enduring dance sort, which dates back again to the 1700s.
Popular for its social mother nature, the RSCDS-San Francisco Department retains a lot of formal and casual parties, concerts and unique events all through the 12 months. A single of of the largest international branches with much more than four hundred users, RSCDS-SF extends from Santa Rosa to Monterey, and as considerably east as Livermore. In 1950, San Francisco grew to become house to the Reel and Strathspey Club, which later grew to become the San Francisco Branch of the RSCDS San Francisco has been its residence in spirit at any time because.
Santa Clara and San Mateo counties boast seven constitution users with far more than forty years each and every with the modern society: Roy & Janet Hayter (Mountain Look at), Fred & Olga Sommer (Foster Town), John & Jennifer Kelly (Palo Alto) and Elsie Robertson (Burlingame) Contra Costa County has 4 charter customers with far more than 40 a long time every: Kathleen McAdam (Lafayette), Bonnie Wakeman (Lafayette) and Eugene & Virginia Bissell (Alamo). Alameda County has two charter users with much more than 40 several years every single: Zoe Coddington (Berkeley), and Fred Macondray (Oakland).
Although substantial-profile, precision dance performances are well-known at Scottish Highland Game titles, nation dancing is really an expressive and social exercise that anybody – any age, any measurement and any condition – can effortlessly understand and enjoy for a life time. In this conventional ballroom dance of Scotland, companions transfer in coordinated formations making use of simple-to-learn actions, accompanied by tunes, generally supplied by fiddles, pianos, accordions and bagpipes.
Dance tempos differ from energetic jigs and reels, to the stylish and slower strathspeys. Due to the fact Scottish nation dances held globe-vast incorporate uniform expectations, dancers action easily onto the floor from San Francisco to Hong Kong to South Africa and during Europe.
The RSCDS-SF Branch conducts lessons and workshops for all levels of dancers during the Bay Location, such as San Francisco, Berkeley, Burlingame, Mountain Check out, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Soquel, Lafayette, Enjoyable Hill, Livermore, Monterey and Santa Rosa and retains unique events this kind of as holidays at the John Muir House (Martinez) and Dunsmuir Residence (Oakland), exhibitions at Northern California Highland Online games, and the once-a-year Asilomar Dance Workshop (Monterey). New users and guests are usually welcomed.
The Royal Scottish Nation Dance Culture, based mostly in Edinburgh, Scotland, was established in 1923, to protect and encourage Scotland’s traditional place dances and their tunes. Right now, there are far more than twenty five,000 RSCDS associates and close to 170 branches world-wide. For far more info, check out http://www.scottishdance.org and http://www.strathspey.org.thirteen
For far more details about the RSCDS-San Francisco Branch, please visit http://www.rscds-sf.org or make contact with Greg Reznick, (925) 417-2074, firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos obtainable upon request.
Specifics About Royal Scottish Country Dance:
1. The Royal Scottish Country Dance Modern society was founded in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1923, to protect and market Scotland’s traditional place dances and their audio (http://www.scottishdance.org).
two. Today there are more than twenty five,000 RSCDS members and 167 branches globe-extensive (http://www.scottishdance.org/branches).
three. The San Francisco Branch of the RSCDS is one of the biggest international branches with a lot more than four hundred associates in the ten-county spot (http://www.rscds-sf.org/branchmap).
four. RSCDS-SF classes are supplied in Contra Costa, Alameda, San Francisco, Sonoma, Solano, Marin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Joaquin counties (http://www.rscds-sf.org/directory/dirclass).
5. The RSCDS-San Francisco Department celebrates its fortieth anniversary in June 2005.
six. Scottish place dancing is a contemporary type of region dancing popular in England and Scotland amid townspeople in locations like Edinburg in the 18th century. Country dancing in Scotland was influenced by other classic Scottish dances this sort of as Highland reels, and so acquired a particular Scottish flavor.
7. Scottish country dancing is a cross in between sq. dance (although there is no caller) and ballet there are about a dozen standard actions or figures which dancers use to navigate by way of a number of dances. Normally, groups of 6 to 10 people (men and females) dance to the songs of reels, jigs and strathspeys performed on the fiddle, accordion, flute, piano and bagpipes.
8. There are much more than 7000 diverse Scottish country dances cataloged, although only a portion of that quantity are danced these days. Numerous dances are a fusion of the classic and the contemporary. This, as well as its ongoing evolution, is a element of the attraction of Scottish nation dancing today.
9. Scottish place dancing is a really social kind of dancing: dancers dance with 7 or more folks at as soon as, rather than with just a single spouse. Courses, workshops, balls and social events are held frequently in towns and towns all above the entire world and dancers know that they can sign up for a Scottish place dancing group anyplace they travel.
# # #