Other than the dealer where can I get a 2008 Malibu key fob programmed?
Answer by Nomadd
You can get it done in your front seat by yourself.
1) Sit in the driver’s seat
2) Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder
3) Close all the doors
4) Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch (on the door)
5) While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. DO NOT ROTATE THE KEY.. JUST SLIDE IT IN AND BACK OUT.
6) Insert the ignition key the third time, leaving the key in the ignition cylinder. DO NOT TURN KEY
7) Release the door lock switch. You will hear 3 chimes indicating the transmitter
programming is active.
8) Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry remote at the same time (one remote) for 12 seconds. You will hear two chimes. This indicates the
transmitter has been programmed.
9) Repeat step 8 for all additional transmitters to be programmed
10) Exit programming by removing the key from the ignition cylinder
Answer by Auto Locksmith
Unfortunately, there is no way to program the remote for this car
without special programming equipment.
An automotive locksmith is probably your best bet.
Check with several different ones in your area to get the best price.
Also, If you drive the car to them you will avoid the emergency service charge.
If you have never had a remote for this car. There are 2 different remotes
with or without remote start option
Check RPO label in glove box ( sticker with a list of 3 digit numbers)
If the code AP3 is listed then the vehicle is equipped with factory remote start.
Answer by FlagMichael
Like all the 2001 and later Malibus it needs the dealer or an automotive locksmith. Answerer “Auto Locksmith” has the best answer – locksmiths are your best bet. The source has a finder for one in your area.
Malibu, CA (PRWEB) July 09, 2014
Passages Malibu Addiction Treatment Centers today announced a free giveaway of their flagship title The Alcoholism and Addiction Cure for returning military service personnel. June 27th was Post-traumatic Stress Disorder Awareness (PTSD) Day and military staff members are disproportionately affected by PTSD.
It wasnt until 1980 that PTSD was formally recognized as a psychological disorder, though symptoms characteristic of PTSD have been noted in military personnel for hundreds of years. As many as 20% of returning veterans from Afghanistan and Iraq experience symptoms of PTSD. It is estimated that 2/3 of all cases are not reported as some soldiers fear it will hurt their careers or carry other negative stigma.
Until September 30th, 2014, The Alcoholism and Addiction Cure will be available for only the cost of shipping. Visit the Passages Wellness Store and use the promo code MILITARYSERVICE at checkout to take advantage of the exclusive and limited time offer.
In our experience, underlying issues like post-traumatic stress disorder are the key drivers of addictive behavior, said Pax Prentiss, CEO of Passages Addiction Treatment Centers. The ongoing pain and trauma associated with combat can have dire consequences including depression, substance & alcohol abuse, and in extreme cases, suicide. The book is a great place to start for individuals who are looking to address their underlying issues. Weve helped heal the addictions of thousands of people from all walks of life and are always honored when people choose to come to Passages.
At Passages Malibu – Addiction Ends Here
About Passages Malibu & Passages Ventura:
Father and son team Chris and Pax Prentiss founded Passages Malibu in 2001. Its second location, Passages Ventura, first opened its doors in 2013. The two drug & alcohol abuse treatment centers offer an alternative to the 12 step/AA model of addiction treatment by utilizing a holistic program that focuses on the underlying issues of substance dependency, rather than attributing addiction to an incurable disease.
Both Passages Malibu and Passages Ventura accept insurance and each have earned the coveted Joint Commission (JCAHO) accreditation, which has only been given to 6% of the nations behavioral health treatment programs.
Passages Malibu was named the #1 treatment center in the world by Healthcare Global, one of the “Most Luxurious Places to Dry Out” by Forbes magazine, and the Huffington Post recently acknowledged Passages as a center that caters to a high-end crowd, with many CEOs, entrepreneurs and high-powered professionals among its clients.
The co-founders are also authors of an acclaimed series of addiction treatment books, including their groundbreaking, flagship title, The Alcoholism & Addiction Cure.
For general inquiries about treatment, contact: 866-233-1753.
For media inquiries, contact:
How do you program a 07 Chevy Malibu transport Key? I lost the only chipped key I got with the car. I only got one key when I bought it used. I went to the dealer and bought a new chip key and the car is open but the dealer said I would have to have it towed in to have the key programmed but I was told there is a way to do it without paying the dealer $ 130.00. Can anyone tell me how to get it done?
Answer by Humveetech
1. With a vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.
Important: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
5. With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and/or the ECM has now learned the fuel continue password.